Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

SHC Swept by UWF in Midweek Doubleheader

The Spring Hill College softball team was swept by West Florida, 7-3 and 10-2, in Wednesday’s non-conference doubleheader at the UWF Softball Complex.

Taylor Pittman went 4-for-5 with a home run on the day. Airyonna Weaver and Meadow Villar also tallied a home run apiece in the doubleheader.

Spring Hill fell behind early in the first game after West Florida opened scoring with four home runs, including a two-run homer, across the first and second innings. The Badgers cut the Argonaut momentum short with Weaver’s home run in the fourth, followed by two more scored runs in the fifth.

UWF responded with a pair of runs in the sixth inning. SHC fell in the first game to its regional foe 7-3.

In game two, West Florida started off with a three-run home run in the second inning, followed by another run scored. Villar and Pittman hit back-to-back home runs in the fifth to put Spring Hill on the board.

The Argonauts took off after that, piling on six more runs and ending the game in six innings and defeating the Badgers 10-2.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 28
Time: 2 p.m. / 4 p.m.
Venue (Location): UWF Softball Complex (Pensacola, Fla.)

Results
West Florida 7, Spring Hill 3

West Florida 10, Spring Hill 2 (6 Inn.)
Records: West Florida (11-7, 0-3 GSC), Spring Hill (1-10, 0-0 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers will return to Murray Field on Tuesday to host in-state foe West Alabama in a non-conference doubleheader.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill softball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCSoftball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shc_softball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com