$0
$1500

Badgers Shutout Tigers in Seven Innings

The Spring Hill College baseball team shutout West Alabama 12-0 in Tuesday’s midweek non-conference game at Sims-Galle Field.

Toran Smith had a perfect day at the plate and went 3-for-3. Seth Williams and Parker Serio both hit three RBI a piece. Evan Langston threw six strikeouts and only gave up two hits and two walks scattered across six innings.

It was all Spring Hill from the start when Williams hit a two-run RBI to right center field in the first inning. Three more runs were brought in by Bryce Anderson, Jack Taylor and Parker Serio in the second.

Two runs scored by the Badgers in the third were on a hit batter and walk. The other two scored during the inning were from Serio’s two-run RBI single up the middle.

In his first career start, Jon Barnard scorched a three-run RBI to left field, in which he scored on an error by the West Alabama shortstop in the sixth inning. SHC totaled 12 runs and 14 hits in its first shutout victory of the season.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 27
Time: 4 p.m.
Venue (Location): Sims-Galle Field (Mobile, Ala.)

Results
Spring Hill 12, West Alabama 0 (7 Inn.)
Records: Spring Hill (9-6, 6-0 SIAC), West Alabama (8-8, 2-4 GSC)

Up Next
The Badgers will host Savannah State in a three-game conference series starting on Saturday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com