Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Badgers Fall to Marauders in Regular Season Finale

The Spring Hill College women’s basketball team fell 79-54 to conference foe Central State in Monday’s regular season finale at Beacom/Lewis Gym.

Kellyn Hunter led the game in scoring with 19 points while shooting 7-of-14 from the floor and a perfect (3-3) free throw percentage.

The Badgers cut the Marauder lead to just three points early in the first quarter. Central State held just a nine point lead over Spring Hill (19-10) through the opening period.

The second quarter was where SHC’s defense shined and held CSU to its lowest shooting percentage from the floor (7-20). Despite the efforts, Spring Hill continued to trail 36-23 at halftime.

Central State maintained its lead and defeated Spring Hill 79-54 in its regular season finale. The Badgers finished the regular season with six wins, the most since the 2019-20 season.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 26
Time: 5:30 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): Beacom/Lewis Gym (Wilberforce, Ohio)

Results
Central State 79, Spring Hill 54
Records: Central State (12-14, 9-10 SIAC), Spring Hill (6-17, 6-13)

They Said It
Head Coach Dan Presel
“Central State played great today. We got out played for 40 minutes tonight. Their size really gave us trouble the entire night. We’ve been playing some really good ball lately. Definitely disappointing to not play our best as we head into the conference tournament. I’m excited about getting to Savannah and seeing how long we can stay.”

Up Next
The Badgers will begin their postseason run at the 2024 SIAC Basketball Championship presented by Cricket on Monday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill women’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCwbball (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcwomensbball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com