$0
$1500

Badgers Sweep Maroon Tigers in SIAC Series

The Spring Hill College baseball team completed a three-game sweep of Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Morehouse with a pair of wins (4-3, 13-6) during Sunday’s doubleheader.

Seth Williams had a day, hitting a home run in each game to lead the Badgers. In total, the shortstop brought home five runs on five hits in nine at-bats over the course of both games.

Game one was closely contested, with the Maroon Tigers scoring the first run of the game in the second inning. Spring Hill answered with a 3-0 run over the fourth and fifth innings, highlighted by a home run to center field from Bryce Anderson.

Morehouse hit a home run in the sixth and seventh innings to tie things back up at 3-3. Williams recorded his first home run of the day in the eighth to give SHC the edge in the 4-3 victory.

Miles Justin threw his first win of the season, striking out two batters and only allowing a single run over three innings.

The second game of the day went heavily in the Badgers favor. Spring Hill opened scoring with three runs in the first and Morehouse answered with a pair of their own in the same inning.

Williams led a 7-0 run, bringing in three of the seven runs scored, over the course of the fourth and fifth innings as the Badgers stormed ahead. The Maroon Tigers showed more life in the fifth with a home run  and an RBI single to cut the SHC lead to 10-4.

Izzy Carrera drove in three of his five runs in the game in the sixth inning on a home run to left field and extended the Spring Hill lead 13-4. Morehouse was able to only score two more runs before the end of the game. The Badgers moved to a perfect 6-0 in conference play after the 13-6 win in the final game of the series.

Kai St. Germaine earned the win on the bump with four strikeouts while only giving up five hits, three runs and one walk.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 25
Time: 11 a.m. / 2 p.m. (EST)
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Results
Spring Hill 4, Morehouse 3

Spring Hill 13, Morehouse 6
Records: Spring Hill (8-6, 6-0 SIAC)

Up Next
The Badgers return to Sims-Galle Field on Tuesday to host in-state foe West Alabama in a non-conference contest.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill baseball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHC_baseball(X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shcbaseball (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com