$0
$1500

Badgers Fall to Thorobreds on the Road

The Spring Hill College men’s basketball team fell 98-86 to Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) foe Kentucky State at the William Exum HPER Center on Saturday.

Steven Lyles narrowly missed a double-double with a team-leading 18 points and game-leading nine rebounds. Walter Peggs Jr. also led Spring Hill in scoring with 18 points while going 3-4 from the free throw line.

Three other Badgers; Ashton Hawkins, Isaiah Veal and Timothy Reilly also hit double figures in scoring.

SHC led in the opening minutes of the first half, but fell behind Kentucky State about halfway through. The Thorobreds led Spring Hill 51-42 at the halftime break.

Spring Hill cut the KSU lead early in the second half and even tied the game at 57-57 within the first five minutes. Despite their efforts, the Badgers fell on the road to the Thorobreds, 98-86.

Game Details
Date: Feb. 24
Time: 3 p.m. (EST)
Venue (Location): William Exum HPER Center (Frankfort, Ky.)

Results
Kentucky State 98, Spring Hill 86
Records: Kentucky State (11-13, 8-11 SIAC), Spring Hill (13-12, 10-9 SIAC)

They Said It
Head Coach Craig Kennedy
On the game
“Kentucky State came out firing on Senior Night. They couldn’t miss and give them credit for nailing shots. We faced a lot of adversity in this game, only getting to the free throw line at the 3:45 mark of the first half and only shooting 4 free throws to their 13. We really clawed back to get into the game and gave them a good run in the second half. We will regroup as we head up to play Central State on Monday.”

Up Next
The Badgers will travel to face Central State in their regular season finale on Monday.

FOLLOW THE BADGERS
For complete coverage of Spring Hill men’s basketball, follow the Badgers on social media @SHCHoops (X), /SHCBADGERS (Facebook), @shchoops (Instagram) or visit the official home of Spring Hill athletics at shcbadgers.com