Latest Stories
The Student News Site of Spring Hill College

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

The SpringHillian

Support Us
$0
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spring Hill College. Your contribution will allow us to cover the printing costs of Alabama's oldest collegiate newspaper and cost of maintaining thespringhillian.com website.

Bowling Badgers Give a Striking Performance

Isaac McPherson
Bowling for a spare

Spring Hill College’s Men’s and Women’s Bowling teams hosted a tournament in Pensacola, Florida on Nov. 11 and 12 where they competed against schools like the University of Central Florida, Florida State University, and Louisiana State University.

The Badgers traveled to Strikerz Entertainment Center in Pensacola, Florida. On day one of the tournament, both teams struggled in this environment, as Head Coach Ben Hoefs stated, “We haven’t practiced under that type of condition as much as we probably should’ve.” Freshman bowler Charley Korb stated, “We have to make our spares, and that could be moving our feet, switching balls, it’s really us focusing on making our spares.” On day two, Hoefs stated, “They made the adjustments, and we battled it out the best we could.” The men’s team finished in 4th by knocking down a total of 6,788 total pins, and the women’s team finished 1st, with a total of 6,419 pins.

“I’ve met a lot of new people and made a lot of new friends through bowling.” said freshman Joe Sousa. Sousa says that bowling has helped him to “mature” and made him a better person. For some, they thrive off the feeling of competing against others. Ryan Carver, a sophomore on the team stated, “I love coming out here and competing against other colleges, it’s a lot of fun. It’s always nice to have competition.”

The Badgers have three more tournaments in the 2023-24 bowling season before they go and compete in their sectional tournament. For more information on both the men’s and women’s bowling teams, please visit their pages on our athletics website at https://shcbadgers.com/sports/mens-bowling and https://shcbadgers.com/sports/womens-bowling.