$0
$1500

2024 Freshmen Will Receive Free Graduate School

Nathan Copeland
SHC President Dr. Mary Van Brunt makes the announcement.

Spring Hill College President, Dr. Van Brunt, announced that all freshmen enrolled in the fall of 2024 and onwards will receive a free graduate degree after completing their bachelor’s degree in 4 years with a 3.0 grade point average. 

“I’m excited to announce a new initiative. Spring Hill College freshmen, starting in the fall of 2024, will receive a free graduate degree after completing their bachelor’s. This initiative will be an incredible benefit for our incoming students, who are already receiving a top tier level education. We are certainly earning this additional degree with no additional cost will allow our students to be even more successful as they become leaders and servants to others.” said President Van Brunt at the press conference held on October 25. Along with this new initiative, Spring Hill also plans to start the process of adding more graduate programs for students. Van Brunt stated, “We are excited to begin the process of adding additional graduate programs to our offerings.” 

For future students who plan to utilize this opportunity, there are some qualifications that need to be met. Rebecca Cantor, Provost for Spring Hill, discussed what qualifications must be met in order for students to take advantage of this offer. She stated, “You must start as a freshman at Spring Hill College in Fall 2024 or later, must graduate within four years, earn an undergraduate degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher, meet academic and other eligibility requirements of the graduate program, begin the graduate program by the fall semester following graduation, and enroll in each fall and spring term until completion of the degree.”

With this announcement, President Van Brunt also spoke about the change in the price of tuition. “I will say, our tuition is not changing drastically, we are changing it at a typical rate with the cost of living or inflation, but really what we are doing is really making sure that the students can experience their four-year undergraduate program with incentives to complete that in four years and go on to get their graduate degree. I will say the value is there, but we have adjusted some of our scholarships a little bit, but our tuition isn’t changing much at all.” 

As far as the students who are already attending Spring Hill and aren’t entitled to this opportunity, things are still being done for current students. Cantor stated, “This model will take us 4 years to fully implement, so it is not available to current students, however, we are looking for a modified scholarship opportunity for current students. I am excited to share the details of the plan soon.”

For future students or anybody with inquiries about the Graduate Program, contact admissions at [email protected] or visit shc.edu.