$0
$1500

Badger Health Clinic is Now Open

Mya Falgout
Inside of one of the clinic’s rooms.

The Badger Health Clinic has finally opened this past Friday, Sept. 29, right across campus after over a year of planning. The clinic aims to keep students, faculty, and staff healthy by providing various health services such as check ups, physicals, and more. The clinic is conveniently located right across campus at 4300 Old Shell and is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The clinic plans on extending their hours in the future once patient intake increases. Manager of the clinic, Kimberly Hale stated, “We were just trying to see what we were going to get before we stay here all day, if we do need to extend our hours we would definitely be flexible. We have the staff that is willing to work with that.”

Pam Taylor, Nurse Practitioner at the clinic, is ready to provide many of their services to patients. “We offer a comprehensive approach to health, it can range from a sick visit or well visit, vaccines, physicals, and things of that nature. We’re here to just provide and help students.”

USA Health has partnered with Spring Hill in order to provide a close, local resource for patients to access immediately rather than waiting for transportation. Rebbeca Cantor, Spring Hills Provost, has been in contact with students throughout the entire process of opening the clinic. She states, “The great thing is that USA health already had the system in place, so it was about setting up that relationship to integrate what they are doing into the Spring Hill Campus.” 

Many students are grateful for the new clinic since it is so accessible. Junior Julian Hays stated he has wasted countless hours at Urgent Care to only leave with little to no help. “It’s nice to have something so close to campus that students feel confident walking into. Half of the time Urgent Care takes forever and is barely any help, with the new clinic we are guaranteed quick and resourceful services.” 

Although the clinic opened right before flu season, there were a few setbacks prior to opening the doors. The clinic announced it was opening September 6th with a ribbon cutting ceremony, but it was postponed last minute due to waiting upon final approval from the State Board of Nursing. With the delay taking so long, the clinic decided to open without a ceremony.

Cantor states, “We were working with the State Board of Nursing on the final logistics and the sign off on the clinic, it just was a hold up that we didn’t anticipate.”

Now that the clinic is open, the staff plans on providing vaccines for all patients in the next few months. Hale stated, “We’re in the works of offering vaccines. We want to offer flu shots and probably COVID, and maybe in the future we can offer a bigger range of vaccines.” She continued, “Sometime around November we’re going to try to have a big flu clinic on campus with our mobile unit.”

It is expected to bring your insurance information with you upon arrival as well as any other necessary documents. Walk-ins are always welcome, or to schedule an appointment, call 251-634-4589.