Give Day Pledges Exceed Goal

John White

A student prepares to make a pledge for Give Day 2023

John White, Staff Writer

$381,935 was raised in donations from students, alumni and staff during the Give Day 2023 campaign. 

This year’s total was a nine percent increase over the original goal of $350,000. Over 700 donors contributed to Give Day.Alumni donated the most with a total of $344,565. 

Spring Hill College’s Give Day is a concerted effort to raise funds that enhance all aspects of The Hill. Give Day is an online challenge where students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and friends come together to make a difference in the lives of SHC students through the financial support of innovative programs, resources, projects, and events

Member of the Staff Innovation Fund and Academic Affairs, Logan Barrett said, “it’s a great way to see how invested everyone is in the success of Spring Hill. As someone that works here, seeing other people that work here donate and support is really a positive experience.” Barrett said that it is also nice to see alumni donate, showing the impact the college has had on others.

On the Give Day website, Spring Hill College staffers posted, “A big heartfelt THANK YOU! to our SHC Badger Family. Together, we made big things happen today. You each answered the call to give to a place near and dear to your hearts, investing in what Spring Hill College is all about the people, the place, the purpose.” 

Undergraduate student Carson Reeves said, “it is a good way for people from different walks of life to come together and show how much they really care for Spring Hill.” 

Fellow undergraduate senior Seth Betts said, “it is great because it’s for the future of the campus, and the people in it. We’re a small private school, so to get what we got is amazing in itself.” 

According to the Give Day website, Funds and Divisions coming in first place would have an additional $10,000 added to their day’s fundraising efforts, second place would enjoy an additional $5,000, and third place would receive a $2,500 enhancement to the day’s totals. The funds raised were placed in sections such as areas of impact and gifts in the spirit of renewal. 

Moreover, an anonymous donor’s $15,000 challenge gift was unlocked and added to the “Renovare’: President Initiatives Fund” because more than $350,000 was raised.

The campaign ended on March 22 but people can still make a gift to Spring Hill College by visiting www.givecampus.com