$0
$1500

Sandy Badgers Celebrate Senior Night with Win

The Sandy Badgers senior night celebration completed with a continued winning streak as the team accomplished two wins against cross-town rival, University of Mobile.

Although the team members have 11 games left in the season, they have been reminiscing about their time spent with each other as the senior players prepare to end their final season. Reflecting on her volleyball career at SHC, fifth-year senior volleyball player Kassandra Fairly said, “I think a big part of what I will miss is playing with my sister. We played together in middle school, high school and now in college. A lot of the girls that I’ve met along the way, just the environment of competing together and competing for something and then being able to cheer on each other and feel like even though you’re not fully a part of that win on that court, but you’re still part of the team win. I think just the dynamic of teamwork is something that I’ll miss a lot about playing here at Spring Hill.” Fairly added that working together as a team is something she will miss about playing at Spring Hill. Fairly’s sister, junior Jessica Fairly, will keep the family’s name on the court as she enters her senior year in fall 2023.

SHC Alumna, Coach Sarah Senft was once teammates with the seniors that are graduating after this season. Senft said, “it has been really neat watching them grow and develop as women on the volleyball court and off the volleyball court. I know they are all going to do great things. They do a really good part of being leaders on the team on the court and off the court. They’re always leading the cheers on the court, they are always siding out, winning us games. So, their leadership and their ability to be functional without me in it is pretty awesome.”

Senft is confident in her player’s abilities considering their achievements from past years, but she is always looking for improvement as well. Senft  said, “I guess my big goal is making sure each point we are improving, and hopefully that willa lead us into a successful end of the season.”

In the past two years, the Sandy Badgers have placed second in the AVCA. Coach Sarah Senft and Kassandra Fairly said their goal is to place first this year and bring home a win.

For more information on the Sandy Badgers visit shcbadgers. com/or follow their Instagram, @shcvolleyball.